Sunday, November 02, 2008

The Weight of Being a Mother

They say when you get pregnant, you can 'let yourself go' (weight wise). True, you can - because you are already gaining weight from the addition that is growing inside of you. However, you have to be careful as well not to over do it - as apparently, it will be a little more difficult for you to lose it all after that little addition is not inside of you anymore!

I probably am guilty of taking the 'let yourself go' a little literaly. Pre-pregnancy, I was a healthy 55kgs. After 8 months of trying to feed myself and another being growing inside of me, I've become somewhat of a 'heavyweight'. Truth is, I don't actually know how much I weigh (scales are busted... seriously...) – I just know I am overweight... because I feel 'heavy' – and (I guess a better indication) that I can't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes anymore!

*wails* I want to wear that size 10 dress I bought in January!!!

Which brings me to my 'early' New Year resoultion to lose some weight. Planning a regime per below:
* 10 minute routine on the step machine
* 10 minute routine with the exercise ball
* Eating healthy with lots of leafy greens (i.e. salads) & fruits (yay to the Aussie summer coming up – lots of fruits to be got!) and reduce the carbs (i.e. the pastas & breads that I so love *sigh*)

Am hoping I will be at least be able to lose *some* weight by Chinese New Year 2009. Would love to able to do some shopping when back in Malaysia (can't wait!) AND have some decent Malaysian fare (bring on the nasi lemak!).

*determined look* Lets get the ball rolling!

2 ramblings:

Anonymous said...

So you want to lose weight, yet at the same time go to Malaysia and eat to your heart's content? Mmmm.... good luck Jie :P

[ sphinxy ] said...

GOOD LUCK!!!

You should stop going to kinky kitchen then...:P

It'll just tempt u even more to eat...lol

*hugs*