Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Tagged...

Sphinxy (of Bl3sSedBe's Blog) tagged me to do a MeMe with the question of "What I Want To Achieve Before I Die".

Having lived 31 years of my life and having done quite a few things to be where I am at the moment, I had to think long and hard about the question. I believe I have already 'achieved' a few things, namely:

* Finish high school
11 formative years of learning the A-B-C's and 1-2-3's and of growing up and of self discovery. 'Nuf said.

* Graduated college
One year of hard work, plus a whole lot of fun with a whole lot of friends. Also a year of discovering that some kind of friendships do last forever (excuse the cliché).

* Graduated university (including getting a Masters degree)
Three years of more hard work (for the undergraduate degree) getting a piece of paper which, thankfully, has served me well in the working world. In the middle of these three years, I had the privilage of being sent overseas (Sydney, Australia) to complete the undergraduate degree I had set out to finish. Had one and a half years of the most amazing experience living away (way away!) from the comfort of home and family. Friends formed during the college year, thankfully, came along for the journey – and together, we wrecked havoc in Sydney (well, almost :P) whilst we were there.

Another 2 years of additional studies (I didn't want to work as yet :P) to get another piece of paper that would allow me to go to get into positions of envy. However, being a person that is not very ambitious, I never really put that 2nd piece of paper (or rather, achievement) to good use as I am happy, content and comfortable where I am, without needing to move anywhere else to prove my worth is written on just a piece of paper.

* Be someone's girlfriend
... three times over. Years of learning to love, to give, to self sacrifice, to commit, to share space and to know what the other person is thinking to be able to better care for them. Has not always been easy, but I kinda got there in the end. Fourth time lucky? ;)

* Be someone's wife
Indeed - fourth time lucky... 27th August 2005 - I said 'I do' and vowed to take my Dan, to be my husband, to have and to hold, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish till death do us part. It has since been three years, and both of us are still discovering each other, sharing our lives in this life journey we have commited to each other. I belive there will be many more years to come of learning of and with each other - till death do us part.

* Be a mother
19th September 2008. Out little one came 4 weeks early. Littler than normal, and way underweight, Ashleigh Ruth was admitted straight into the Neonatal ICU once she was out. I had an emergancy cesearan due to my skyrocketing blood pressure (result of a condition I had called pre-eclampsia), hence, I didn't go through the normal labour pains and birth that normal mothers would have gone through. The operation wasn't as scary as people say it is – just remember (if you're going for that option) to ask for the epidural option, rather than going under completely (unless you really can not stand the sight of blood!).

Anyway, I digress. 3 weeks into motherhood, I am enjoying every minute of it. I do recommend it. :)

***************************
Achievements – I think I've achieved enough for the 31 years I've been alive (as above). I guess if there is anything more to achieve, it would to be a better wife and a good mother to Ashleigh, and her other siblings she will hopefully have in the next few years.

And oh – not sure if they are classified as 'things to achieve' – but I would like to be a better cook, and dabble in a bit of photography (and be a good one while at it) sometime in the next 30 years... :P Wish me luck!

Posts and pictures to follow... :)

1 ramblings:

[ sphinxy ] said...

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

I feel the looooooovvveeeeee.

Glad to get u back into blogging *proud* since u have loads to note down abt baby Ashleigh.

First step. First word. First "mama" :P

Welcome back~!